The EPA Section Symposia Awards were created to promote a high quality programme proposed by the Sections for the 23rd European Congress of Psychiatry and to promote cooperation with EPA Sections and EPA National Psychiatric Society/Association members.
From the first selection made by the EPA Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) for the EPA 2015 Vienna Congress, the SPC ranked the accepted Sections Symposia on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance (scientific, clinical, educational) of the symposium
- Cooperation with another Section
- Cooperation with National Society Sections
The 5 best Symposia will be awarded 3 000€ each.
- Can psychiatric disorders be predicted and prevented?
Section: Prevention of Mental Disorders
- Psychopharmacotherapy at the interface of psychiatric and medical diseases
Sections: Consultation Liaison Psychiatry & Psychosomatics; Psychopharmacology
- Prevention of mental disorders in children of mentally ill parents
Sections: Prevention of Mental Disorders; Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- The "mad axman": the relationship between psychosis and violence
Sections: Forensic Psychiatry; Schizophrenia
- Nature and narratives of depression
Sections: Psychopathology; Philosophy and Psychiatry
Thank you to all Sections for your hard work and high-quality submissions!
These sessions are indicated in the scientific programme by